Lessons learnt from climbing a mountain and falling:
1. Giving up is easy but it’s definitely not worth it.
2. Sometimes you’ll walk straight and proud, like you’ve done it thousands of times. Sometimes you’ll have to crawl up on all fours and it will feel like your body is slowly giving up. Continue.
3. You need to take a break. Breathe. Look at how far you’ve come and what you still have to do.
4. Enjoy the view. It’s not always the same.
5. Always carry a book.
6. Talk to the people that smile at you on the way. They’ll tell you important things.
7. Do it for yourself.
8. You may be able to go up on your own, but you need people with you on your way down.
9. When you fall and you’re all alone, you’ll feel like it’s the end. With dust in your mouth, and tears in your eyes you will look at yourself and wonder why you ever did the whole thing in the first place. Be patient. Help will come, and you will get down.
10. You won’t start crying until you talk to your mum about it, because then you’re not just crying about your twisted ankle, but about everything. Her arms are a much better place than the top of any mountain.
11. The people you didn’t think mean anything will help the most.
12. Those you thought will be there at every step might not be able to.
13. Thank you sometimes isn’t enough, but there’s nothing else you can give.
14. You’ll get home eventually.
15. Home is when you finally see your mother walk through the door when a doctor is examining your foot.
16. Warm showers and tea will make everything ok.
17. You say that you will never do this again, but you might just say yes again.❞
Here is something I learned today: in life you make rules for yourself. Rules that you think you will never break for the sake of I do not really know. Maybe it is because of your pride or dignity. And then a point in your life will just come to you that the whole universe will make a way to make…
I am not an easy person to love. Some days I will whisper how beautiful you are while planting gentle kisses all over your body. You will giggle and try to fight me off and in that moment my heart will have never felt so light.
But other days when my mind is a storm cloud threatening to explode, I will be a bundle of emotions that I cannot quite keep contained. I will be cold, distant, and you will look at me like I am not the same person you fell in love with.
I am a broken light switch. My moods flicker without anyone flipping me on and off. I wake up each morning and wonder which me you will encounter that day. I always hope it is the one who makes you want to stick around.
I am not easy to love. But what I need you to understand is that whether there is a war waging inside of my mind or I am the kind person that you adore, I will always love you.
I will love you in the morning. I will love you when you cry. I will love you when I am angry. I will love you when you’re being stubborn. I will love you when I don’t even love myself. I will love you.
I know that there will be days when you want to give up on me but I am asking you, please don’t. You see, you are the only one who has been able to settle the storm inside of me before I even realize it is surfacing.
I am not easy to love but I promise that I will always put up a fight. And I will love you no matter which me my light switch flips on that day.❞
— LC (via akosipolpol)
— Unknown (via especiallygold)